Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Discourse in (Dis) Honesty

I am pretty sure most parents teach their children to tell the truth. We should expect no less from our Commander in Chief. Especially one who had the audacity to hope we would believe him or enough of us anyway.

The discussion of lately has been Obama's first 100 days in office and his approval rating. The following I was able to glean from Politicofacts.com and put in my own words. So let me just put it out here this way: if your child or spouse had been caught lying at least 7 times in the last 3 months, would you, could you conceive of a possible sociopathic disregard for, um, let's see, integrity?! Call me a right wing nut case, but I do expect a certain amount of honesty from the President.

How about we put it in Obamas own interpretation: "transparency." That brings me to the lie: "five days of public comment before a bill lands on my desk." Not only has the public been left out of review the stimulus bill and subsequent bills but our elected officials did not even get the chance to read it before it was ushered into a quick vote. I doubt Obama even read it before he signed it. But we all know that old story, so let's move on to another lie. How about "no lobbyists" appointees until they have been out of the lobbying business for 2 years. Why, in front of the whole nation, he signed an Executive Order stating that. Loopholes and waivers, however have allowed the assignment or nominations of no fewer than 4 recent lobbyists...one lobbyist for Goldman Sacs appointed as chief of staff to Geithner himself. No conflict of interest there!!??

Two other promises that have haven't even seen the light of day BUT would have been great for stimulating the economy was penalty free withdrawal from 401Ks up to $10,000 and no income tax for Seniors making less than $50,000. They didn't even make inside of the stimulus package, but even worse, they are not even up for any legislation. We must have "misinterpreted" his intentions.

Hey, how about the broken promise of confronting Turkey about their past genocide in 1915? Obama was a tough talking he man about that until he actually went to Turkey. Then, I guess the idiotic political correctness took over because the word never got past his vocal chords.

Who among us can forget the promise of making it impossible for Congress to get Pork into the stimulus package. That was another "misunderstanding" I suppose.

Listen my point is if my husband has said so many out and out lies in so many days, there would be talk of divorce and my children, if guilty of the above, would be in counseling.

So when Obama says he is not going to be using his prize trophy Arlen Spector as "political padding", I suppose we are to believe that also.

I confess I haven't learned to post a video yet, so google "Barack Obama: Public to view for 5 day bills before they land on my desk" video or go to Politicofacts. I know this drive technoliberals crazy so I just may never learn. And that's the truth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment